Tuesday, January 6, 2009

A Better Day

Okay...I am feeling so much better today! I feel like a new bride today in so many ways.

I have a MUCH better idea for a timeline for the wedding day, I've scheduled trials with both the hair stylist and make up artists for this month. I booked my last hair cut before the wedding for next weekend. I've confirmed with the bridesmaids who wants what (hair/make up) to be done so they all know how many girls they need to style that day. I've emailed the photographer (who is ALWAYS quick with feedback-- Tony Eisenhower. He's great!). I followed up with some questions to our coordinator at the AKC and have also followed up with the officiant performing the ceremony to confirm what she needs from us and when we'll next meet. Aahhh.. (<-- sigh of relief rather than panic). :)

Other goings on...I am searching for a limo at a reasonable price to pick the bridal party up from the Omni where we're getting ready, to take us to the Cabrillo National Monument for pre wedding pics, then to AKC for the wedding. Any suggestions out there??

I emailed with one of my girlfriends who is going to make place cards for the tables (since we're having a seating chart, I hope this makes it easier for everyone to find their places). She has the gift of craftiness and art that I lack...we're a perfect pair! Ashley, thank you!

Ross is listening to music samples from the DJ's list right now selecting what is ok and not ok to play at the wedding and we even went looking at tuxedos last night...and had great luck! The guys may all buy their suits rather than rent and just rent the accessories instead. (Which is even better, can't have too many suits, we're going to 3 weddings already this year!).

Today is such a better day! :) I keep hearing stories that it will be like this until the wedding reception is half way over, but I still contend that it won't be that bad. I am determined to have FUN and no worries the week of the wedding. I don't mind stress now if it gives me an earlier "light at the end of the tunnel."

Tomorrow and Thursday I am picking my niece up from her pre-school and watching her until about 8:30p. And Thursday will be fun because we're going to try on more flower girl dresses (which she LOVE, LOVES trying on). She's 4 years old and completely content in the princess stage of life, it is absolutely adorable.

This weekend I am picking up my wedding dress and seeing what, if any, alterations are needed and then heading to my bridal shower on Sunday...which Kirstin (maid of honor/cousin) won't tell me much about other than time/location. I don't think there will be much to worry/stress about for the rest of the week and I am going to relax and enjoy it (while it lasts ;) ).

No comments: