Monday, January 5, 2009

The countdown continues

It's already been almost a month since my last post--I can't believe it! Time is flying by. I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday and a happy new year!

As for us, we have been taking turns being sick with the cough/cold that's going around and are finally getting over it. Back to wedding reality...we are getting married in 47 days and all of those little details that we kept saying "we'll take care of it later," are needing to be taken care of all at once.

The invitations went out, but then I had a few friends call or email to say they hadn't received an invite and were wondering when they were going out...WHAT?! (*sigh*). I understand no one can control the postal service, but seriously...how the the invitation make it to England, but not less than 2 miles from our house to my friend in Rancho SD? But, not a big deal in the big picture. We've begun to call/email people we haven't heard back from to confirm they received it, etc. It's just one of those things that reminds me things go wrong and you just have to deal. (but I don't have to like it) :)

It's time to really start looking at what is left to do. Planning what to pack for the honeymoon (yes, I think about those kinds of things 2 months in advance...have I mentioned that being Type A is a big part of my life?)

But the real wedding details...confirming with vendors, confirming dates, times, etc. Then I received an email from the make up artist I am booking that she was wondering about the timeline for the day and how many girls were having the make up done...(*sigh*). I don't know any of that yet. Where do I begin to figure it out? Understandable question, if I were her I'd want to plan my day too in case she has other jobs...but really, where do I begin to figure out what time? What is enough time? How do I know when I will be getting my hair done, will that be a conflict, probably. So who do I confirm with first--hair or make up? Then, what about the photographer..when do they get there, when would they like to get pics taken for the best light? When will the florist be there with the flowers so we can begin taking pictures with the arrangements? The sun is setting at 5:40p that day...will we get good pics in the dark? What will really happen if it rains that day? How long will it take to move things inside and set up in there?

I can't be at the venue before a certain time because it's on a military base...so that means I really can't even see the venue before I'm all ready to get married, which means I won't have a chance to change anything if I want to, because I don't want everyone to see me in my dress....(DEEP BREATH).

All of the above jibberish and rambling thoughts ran through my head today at once.

I've since got some things figured out, and I feel a lot better. BUT, all I can really do is hope that the timing sort of works out. All I know is that in the end, I'm getting MARRIED!! :) In 6 weeks I will be Mrs. Ross Bowen. So in the end, I understand it doesn't really matter if the candles aren't where I would have put them or a place setting isn't they way I wanted it or whatever. I AM GETTING MARRIED! But there will be another new blog tomorrow to expand on these thoughts, but we have to run out right now to look at tuxedos for the groom and groomsmen. More tomorrow.

1 comment:

Ashley Dunaway said...

I keep thinking about you and wondering... because I know you... should I be one more thing to think about. At this point I'm guessing you are going another route. but if you want me to go forward shoot me an email. I will be out of town from Thursday until the following Monday.xoxo