Sunday, February 1, 2009

Oh my God, I'm getting MARRIED!!!

It occurred to me today, more than ever, that I'm about to get married. Wow. Now some may be saying, "you should have realized this a long time ago, duh." BUT, today is the first day that I can say "I am getting married THIS MONTH!" In 20 days from right now I will be Mrs. Ross Bowen. I can't wait.

Today was filled with spending time with Ross doing fun, non wedding related things for most of the day. Then at about 2pm we ran to some stores together to get jars for our candy buffet we've decided to have at the wedding. I realized that next weekend Ross may not be available since his bachelor party is Saturday night...I don't know that I can schedule things for Sunday ;)

I am happy to report that we found everything we were looking for and bought the ivory unscented candles for all of the votives as well. Crossing more things off the mental list is a GOOD thing.

We came home and filled out the paperwork for our photographer and DJ and are emailing those out today. Tomorrow night is a few more appointments to take care of details, and then next Saturday I have my final dress fitting and his bachelor party.

I have to take a moment and back up...Last weekend my maid of honor and some best friends took me out for a weekend bachelorette in Palm Desert. My FAVORITE hotel/spa (that I've ever been to so far in life) is the JW Marriott in Palm Desert--and my maid of honor knew that. She and a few friends and a couple bridesmaids took me there for the weekend and surprised me with an AWESOME massage appointment at their spa. We drank, joked, relaxed and forgot the real world for a weekend. I had a great time...and want to go back. Forever. :) It was a great time, and wonderful to have some of the people closest to me be together at the same time (not everyone lives here, so it doesn't happen often at ALL!).

Anyway..it was back to real life this week...and I am glad I had a break that weekend, because now it's crunch time. I am still crossing things off the list...so more posts to come.

No comments: