Wednesday, October 1, 2008

When it rains, it pours! For the past 2 weeks we've been trying to finish the kitchen in our new house, find an officiant, find a florist, and decide on centerpieces. The good news, is that all of this stuff, is happy, it's just a lot at once! :)

As for our kitchen-it's almost done. The counter should be here sometime next week, which means the new sink and faucet will be installed. A friend was out last night to look at the texturing we need done, and it looks like that will be done in a couple of weeks and we decided on the new lighting. For those of you who don't know...this completely relates to our wedding. Once the kitchen is done, we can resume eating real food. For the past 6 weeks, its been sandwiches, take out and microwave/toaster oven food. I will be so glad to cook somthing! (And something healthy, or I won't fit in my wedding dress!!).

As for the florist-Thanks Michele L! I have an appointment with the company you used for your wedding this weekend, and I am hoping it works out! I was considering having friends help me make half of the centerpieces and using hurricanes...but I think I want flowers everywhere, I really can't shake that feeling. My fingers are crossed for Sunday.

It is now almost time to send out invitations~they will probably go out toward the end of October, because we have to turn in a final list to the military base with everyone's name on it in alphabetical order. This is where a fear comes in-PLEASE make sure you RSVP. I am the worst offender-I always forget to mail the RSVPs out..but in this case if you are planning to attend, and forget, you may not be allowed on base! We have to give a final list 30 days before the wedding I believe.

I feel pretty good about things this week. Rehearsal is all set-the invitations are purchased and just need to be printed and put together. Registries are done.

One thing we've totally lagged on is cake tasting. We have it narrowed down to 2 places. One, makes BEAUTIFUL cakes that are very tasty. The other isn't as pretty, but is DELICIOUS. Hmm..I'm torn. Do you choose the beautiful/good or the delicious/plain looking? Any thoughts?

No comments: